Splitting this Forum into Two Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by admin, Jul 18, 2015.

?

Do you support moving the amateur radio topics to www.hamclubs.net ?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2015.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Not Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

The forum management is thinking of splitting this forum into two forums.

Amateur radio topics and related files would go to www.hamclubs.net and the other topics to stay with www.bfdinforums.net.

Members would need to create a new account for the forum on www.hamclubs.net.

My thought is to use a domain for the ham radio topics and files that is more related to the subject.

The thought would be to have this done by August 31, 2015 and September 30, 2015.

Thoughts?

2. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Why limit to ham clubs? How many hams are there? How many are in clubs?

Have ham club sub forum in a ham radio forum. Keep all that we have, and add more.

what sub forums are you considering splitting off? Which would go where?

3. Tony

I voted no, not against splitting, but not in favor of the limitin topic of ham clubs.

4. admin

The thought would be the amateur radio forums going to www.hamclubs.net so the domain would be more attuned to the subject matter and would easier to be found by new participants.

Should we perhaps look at changing the domain name of this forum and leave all forums intact?

5. admin

If new forums are needed we can add them at any time.

6. Tony

For me the name hamclubs.something is not someplace I want to go. The name needs a little zing to get people coming.

Rearrange the topics. Rename some. Dump NRA. Dump politics. Focus on a ham demographic. Put in a forum for clubs. I bet nobody will go there, though.

Dress up the top with a nice photo. Put some red in the template. Or at least some bright color. Change other colors. We don't want to look like a place old men take their fathers.

You have put a lot of work into this forum and it shows. Now it is time to zero in on the hams. Emergency comms. Public service.

Antenna talk. Projects that are achievable. Jump kits, sane jump kits.

I know there is much more, but now I am heading for a cookout.

7. Gilbert Skip Kauffman

Gilbert Skip Kauffman Moderator Staff Member Bronze Member

With this Forum you have all phases of HAM RADIO and when a ham logs on they can peruse through all the different thread and forums.....
    Why have 2 different places to look for topics..... I have had a blog for years and not many folks read it.. I get mostly SPAM over 14,000
    of them......It has more to do with local Potter Co and Western PA news.......

8. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Then perhaps should we change of this forum to something that more closely fits the subjects in it?