Old Time Ham Radio Movie

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio General Discussion' started by W.T. Jones, Nov 15, 2015.

1. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Best type of Christmas then. Good times with family!

Outstanding!

W.T. Jones likes this.
  2. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones You can't make me come in Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

I had to drop off some reloading powder to my nephew-in-law this week. He was still laughing about Christmas Day.

"You Uncle W we need to do that more. Christmas time is great but we really should laugh like that more often. I want my son to experience those good times."

I think my nephew-in-law has the right idea.

wedgar likes this.
  3. wedgar

We had a Christmas/New Year dinner at my sister's house last night. We had several generations laughing and giggling over Christmas's past. You're exactly right, it is a good time for that.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  4. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones You can't make me come in Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

The World needs some more laughter. Good for the soul.

wedgar likes this.
  5. wedgar

We are in agreement here. I believe that laughter is also a healing power.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  6. W.T. Jones

I am trying to get Taffi to laugh but seems she lacks my sense of humor. All she laughs at is cat jokes.

How do you get a cat out of a tree.
    Tell it to stay there.

How do you get a cat to come to you.
    Tell it to go away.

That last one just cracks Taffi up every time.

wedgar likes this.
  7. wedgar

You sure her humor isn't dogging it lately?

8. W.T. Jones

Punny, Very Punny.

wedgar likes this.
  9. On Sept 7, 2017 the DLARC will host Brian Harrison, KN4R who is coming all the way from North Carolina to present a special Program called, "Patrolling The Ether: The FCC in WWII." It will be about how the R.I.D. sniffed out Nazi spies on US soil with specially made broadband receivers that locked on nearby transmitter frequencies in NYC and D.C. Brian owns and will demonstrate one of only two known to survive!
    Come and join us! Info at:
    www.DLARC.org

-Pete / NL7XM

wedgar likes this.
  10. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Pete,

You're hiding your light under a bushel by posting this here.

I suggest you start a new thread to get more exposure.

This is where cut and paste will be helpful. And don't forget to post a reminder closer to the event date.

wedgar likes this.
  11. wedgar

How did the event go?

We played that video after the ARRL Board meeting at dinner Saturday night and the board family enjoyed it.

12. W.T. Jones

I don't think it has happened yet since the date is in 2017.