Luzerne County ARES - NTS Training has started

Discussion in 'NTS (National Traffic System)' started by W.T. Jones, Aug 28, 2014.

1. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

Just a note that Luzerne County finally got their NTS training off the launchpad tonight. It took 4 sessions to get everyone including the "trainer" in the picture and going.

The response was gratifying in that we had 10 Hams show up for the training. Some of them came out of the woodwork after 15 years of not participating in nets just to help get things going. They were all Hams who had taken the training back when Luzerne County was in a different ARES district and they had a different EC with the call of KB3QW.

Our Trainer, WA3CKA, is a long time traffic man! He is good at it and a good instructor. We started out with 3 training messages of the training syllabus and it looks like it will fly. OK, so I am an optimist.

If you are in range of the 146.61 Repeater in Wilkes-Barre then join us at 8:00PM local time on Thursday night for some fun training.

wedgar likes this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Outstanding!

3. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

I had an interesting comment from one of the Auxiliary Communications Service's members who has joined our traffic training net.

"Never thought it was so hard to write down a message and get it write until I had to do it on the radio. I guess I really do need to practice."

Yep, you think you can do it until you have to do it. And there is no stress involved here. Just wait until the heat is on.o_O

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

And practice makes perfect! (y)