Local Hamfest/Get together in Potter County

Discussion in 'Hamfest Management' started by Gilbert Skip Kauffman, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Gilbert Skip Kauffman

Gilbert Skip Kauffman Moderator Staff Member Bronze Member

Last year the ARES/paNBEMS meetings were curtailed do to the Charles Cole Hospital ruling that only hospital business would be able to use the conference rooms....
    Well, I have now found a new location with plenty of parking and inside area and an outside area for a Hamfest...
    I am not sure how it's going to work, but I am trying to put together a small local hamfest..... NO ADMISSION 's FEE......... More of it's a nice day, bring out you good junk and pass it on to someone else.......
    I have not talked to the ARRL about this.... It would be sponsored by the Potter County ARES.....again we will
    not make any monies from the Hamfest ......

Would anyone else think of your local club supporting this kind of an outing ?????? I'm lucky, our sponsor has the room and the offer it to me free of charge........
    Bring the family and picnic, meet the local hams, all FREE swap/shop if you like........

This is part of my plan for the 2015 year, now is the time to have your plans ready and carry them out........

de Skip K3CC

wedgar likes this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Good idea. Do you have a date in mind? Don't forget to register this as a hamfest with the ARRL and you'll get a good listing in QST and the ARRL website!