Updates Forum Software Updated June 27th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by admin, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Nose print, maybe?

How were thumb prints cracked?

2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Sounds like the Christmas Story where their nose prints were on the Department store glass staring at the Christmas Bacchanalia and the Red yder BB gun with the compass in the stock.

3. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

That is really desperation and painful and it really won't work unless the finger prints are completely obliterated. The only successful one that I have heard of was burning them. He was caught because his palms still had identifying marks.

But the real problem is that thumb prints are stored in electronic form. A lot of stuff about whorls and cleffs that I don't understand is what the thumb print readers collect and store for future reference. So if it is stored there is a way to steal it.

Soooooo.....

A password is possibly stolen. Change the password.
    A thumb print is stolen. How do you change a thumb print?

Just a thought. BTW, if you notice you don't see too many computers coming with thumb print readers these days.

4. wedgar

This was done in the 50's or 60's. I read this in a book about the FBI and their top list. When I graduated from college with an accounting degree, I visited the local FBI office, which incidentally was on the 13th floor of the Federal Building. After getting one of their employment applications, I couldn't believe the detail of information it went into to apply to become an agent. I didn't know all of the information on me it was requesting... <sigh>

Cut someone's thumb off. That's why I'm not too keen on bio-metric passwords.

Yep, my last computer had a fingerprint reader. My new one does not have one.

5. W.T. Jones

At least you had the chutzpah to give it a try. J Edgar would have been proud of you.

I wanted to try the USSS but unfortunately the injuries prevented any possible entry into that august organization.

wedgar likes this.
  6. wedgar

My niece dated a Secret Service agent who was on the protective detail for one of our Vice Presidents. He quit as he didn't like the way that VP treated his protective detail. Said he wouldn't want to take bullet for him...

W.T. Jones likes this.
  7. W.T. Jones

Sounds like someone I know very well. But he is married and I know he doesn't date.

He did work with the next VP who he liked but wanted to get out of DC and back to his home in PA. Your neck of the woods in fact. Still in the USSS but I think he is working on Electronic Crimes now.

wedgar likes this.
  8. wedgar

First name Mark?

9. W.T. Jones

No, Rob.

wedgar likes this.