FM repeater FLdigi Nets in Phila

Discussion in 'Digital Modes' started by Gilbert Skip Kauffman, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Gilbert Skip Kauffman

Gilbert Skip Kauffman Moderator Staff Member Bronze Member

I talked to K3EUI Barry today, he is excited about the new Yaesu Fusion FM repeater system in the Philly area.. They have regular training nets on the FM repeaters with learning message handling.... ARE there any
    other folks using FM repeaters for FLdigi message handling ????? I think Pittsburgh has some.......

It's a fine way to introduce the techs into public service and have then be apart of the system......

de Skip K3CC
    W.T. Jones and wedgar like this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Cool idea to get more involved. Need to stir the pot for more activity.
  3. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

We have one every Tuesday Night at 8:30 here in Wilkes-Barre on the 146.61 repeater. Most times we have 8 to 12 attendees and we send the fldigi training messages. Exposure is a good thing.

BTW, I highly recommend that any net in PA register with the ARRL Net Directory and be sure to list the net as an NBEMS net. And be sure to indicate that the net is affiliated with the NTS!. This gives some visibility to the net and lets traffic handlers know there is an outlet there for traffic.

Too many folks are keeping the good stuff under the basket. Time to let it out and get some notoriety.
    Gilbert Skip Kauffman and wedgar like this.
  4. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Yep, share the information and more will benefit!