Fldigi Training Net

Discussion in 'Digital Modes' started by W.T. Jones, Apr 8, 2015.

1. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

I bumped into this net by accident on Sunday but here is the information so you can find it.

Sunday Afternoons at 5:00PM Eastern.
    Frequency 7072.5kHz. Center Frequency was 1500.
    Your host: N3LI Mike

The net is part of NARC D-Sig. Now it used to be for me when I say NARC it was a fellow who was a drug enforcement agent. This time it is:
    Nittany Amateur Radio Club (as in Penn State) and the D-Sig is the Digital Special Interest Group.

It is relaxed group and the members welcome all comers. It is a good place to try things out and have some fun with Fldigi.

WT
    WN3LIF

wedgar likes this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Excellent!

BTW, narc brings to mind same thoughts you first had. :)

Fortunately, I didn't have anything to worry about from them.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  3. W.T. Jones

Another job that I wouldn't want to have.

A ham in our area was a Narc for PSP. Too stressful. Had a stroke from it.

Spent a long time fighting for his disability claim but that was finally granted.

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

Yep, very tough job and I think the stress factor would low your life expectancy more more than I'd like.

You're out there on point with little backup or resources.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  5. W.T. Jones

Ron, the PSP NARC, told me that he didn't even carry a firearm because of fear of the bad guys finding it on him. His biggest fear was the BGs following him home and getting to his family. Not a good life.

He is having a good life now even though he walks with a cane and "drools when he doesn't remember to close his mouth" and loves his grand kids, wife, and his motor home.

wedgar likes this.
  6. wedgar

I'll bet the fear for his family was a big stress on him. That could be the case for very nasty nightmares.

I had a co-worker from Huntingdon, PA go to college in Philly area. He was a tall lanky fellow - almost a dead ringer for Abe Lincoln. He was at a dance in the early 70's and had his licensed pistol fall out of his belt on to the dance floor. People started to walk out as they thought he was a narc. I asked why he took his pistol with him to the dance and his response was that he didn't think Philly was a safe place.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  7. W.T. Jones

Well, it isn't generally. Poor choice in concealed carry method though.

wedgar likes this.
  8. wedgar

This was in the mid 70's and I'll bet concealment gear wasn't as big back then. Scary, those years just seem like yesterday.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  9. W.T. Jones

Ya, we look back at them like they were yesterday. Hard to think of them being 40+ years ago.

wedgar likes this.
  10. wedgar

And all of the trials and tribulations between then and now. Sometimes hard to believe that we survived.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  11. W.T. Jones

We survive because we are survivors. If you look back you'll notice that there are a few who did not make it to today intact. Our parents instilled that "Greatest Generation" ethic. Thank God for that.

wedgar likes this.
  12. wedgar

Yep, be it God's will and/or luck, we did make it. and Amen for thanking God we did make it.