Fldigi - A Presentation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Presentations' started by W.T. Jones, May 27, 2014.

1. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

W.T. Jones submitted a new resource:

Fldigi - A Presentation - A PowerPoint Presentation with notes for introducing your club to Fldigi

Read more about this resource...

wedgar likes this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

3. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

It went over well with the club and I have been asked to come back and do it again. Low turnout at the meeting and other members asked to bring me back.

The nagging problem is that I saw something in the presentation that was wrong and needed to be fixed. Do you think I can remember what it was? I looked at 20 times before I uploaded it last night. I figured maybe KB3FXI would look at it and tell me. He notices everything about Fldigi. He was at the Steel City Amateur Radio Club tonight doing a demo. Several of us hung around on our 40 meter frequency and he finally showed up. I sent one message and N3FLL sent several along with an Flamp. I hope his presentation went well.

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

Hah! I get that way sometimes. Know exactly what I want and when it is time to do it, can't remember what I wanted to do.

5. W.T. Jones

6. W.T. Jones

wedgar likes this.
  7. wedgar

Excellent! Let us know how it goes.

Our local ham club helped at a mountain foot race this past Saturday and two other volunteers said they'd like to get the amateur radio license based on what they saw being used at the race. (y)

We are working on a class before the end of the year!

W.T. Jones likes this.
  8. W.T. Jones

Excellent on the 2 people who want to join our rare group.

The presentation was a resounding success. We had 7 hams present but the key point was we had the Wyoming County Red Cross Director as well as the County EMA Director. Lots of questions and the demonstrations went almost without a hitch. Not Fldigi but the projector.

It lasted over 2 hours because of all the questions. I think we planted some seeds that will need to be nurtured by the County ARES EC. He is more than capable of doing that.

Overall, I was pleased. The Red Cross Director handed me her card and said "why hasn't this been taken to the National level?" Darned if I know lady! I am just a voice crying in the wilderness here.