April 2018 EPA SEC Monthly Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Emergency Communications' started by W.T. Jones, Apr 30, 2018.

1. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

"Wayne County ARES has been busy getting their feet off the ground and their web site started. " Love the pictures of different stations to see how others have configured their own stations.

Sorry to hear about your Subie dying last year.

3. W.T. Jones

It was time for it to be put out of misery. But the "new" 2008 is so much nicer. I am enjoying it just as the Lady of the Jones Manor is enjoying her 2018 Forester.

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

there is something about the smell of a new car... I'll bet there are some cool gadgets in the 2018 Forester compared to the 2008 Subaru.

A friend of mine here in Savannah is the Sales Manager of the Subaru dealer and I've gone to his office to chat with him and it is fun to look at the new cars while waiting for him.

5. W.T. Jones

Absolutely fascinating gadgets.

Now how do I get my wife's phone list out of the car?

There are some security issues but it is a great car.

wedgar likes this.
  6. wedgar

I'll be there is a way to delete/flush the phone list from the car.

When I bought my last Subaru, we had the blue tooth phone connection. The previous owner did not delete his wife's phone numbers from the car.

When I traded the car in, I did delete all of the information I had put in the directory in the car.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  7. W.T. Jones

Good to see someone does do diligence.

Spoke to my Subaru Sales Rep last week. He and I share the same birthday date.

I mention the phone list thing. He said that some people ask about it and the service department usually clears any trade-in's memory as standard practice.

At least they do now. Hi Hi.

wedgar likes this.
  8. wedgar

Well, with the privacy issues, I'm sure more people are paying attention now.