2016 Presidential Election Major Issues

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by wedgar, Apr 7, 2016.

1. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

What are the major issues for this year's Presidential elections that you are concerned about?

I'd like to focus on the issues and ask that we be respectful of each other's opinions.

2. David Kleber - KB3FXI

David Kleber - KB3FXI Moderator Staff Member

I'm concerned that the Republican and Democrat National Committee's will continue acting like this...

RNC 2012

DNC 2012

Rules and votes don't seem to matter much in our political parties. They are corporations and can change their own rules as they go.
    I maintained my Republican registration so that I could exercise my write in vote, which I did last week, which was "No Confidence"

wedgar likes this.
  3. David Kleber - KB3FXI

And then once we get to the general election, here's my election fraud concern...

Once again, I plan on writing in "No Confidence" then, too.

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

I share that concern with you.

The entire process seems to be keeping the incumbents in power, unless the incumbent bucks the system.

5. wedgar

Scary...

6. Michael J Malone

Michael J Malone Active Member

I have a blind cousin in upstate New York. He is a graduate of a catholic university with a degree in municipal management. For the past few years, he and I have been sharing access to papers and such. I find that being sighted, I can more readily sift through the paper. Tom and I have been discussing what each of us would want in a President. I want someone that will actually address what America is, should be and should not be; I want this addressing to be public.

As the forum is addressing a next President, I am curious about beliefs as to what the next President should hold important. I offer my last email to Tom as a start; as a view of one thing that I hold as important.

Tom,
    As you well know, the Civil War ended up being fought over the issue of slavery; primarily the enslavement of Africans. Today, our US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, an African American, and our President, Barack Obama, also an African American, are both working to undue the end of slavery. Neither of them wishes to re-institutionalize slavery but neither wishes to stop its presence from helping to destroying our society.

In February of this year, the trial of an MS-13 gang member began in Northern Virginia - in the DC suburbs. The gang member and leader is a modern slave holder. This trial is the latest in a string of investigations by both local and federal law officers going back to the trial and conviction of an MS-13 gang member and leader in the same area - Washington DC.

Yet none of this is in the news nationally. If you wish, I will send you a series of reports written by Post news things and get you up to speed.

To begin with -

Obama releases major drug offenders claiming that drug sales is a non-violent crime. As Obama cherry picks a few cases in which a lesser degree of outrage can be raised; the Washington Post begins to report on MS-13 in the DC area.

The Washington Post
    November 13, 2011
    MS-13 gang is branching into prostitution, authorities say
    By Del Quentin Wilber

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ms-13-gang-is-branching-into-prostitution-authorities-say/2011/11/04/gIQAAtOyIN_story.html

Now Tom, I wonder if the twelve year old thinks drugs are now violent. I also wonder what she would think about open borders if she could grasp the actuality of open borders. PS - the next time Steve and I come up to see you, I will tell you some stories of the non-violence of drugs I encountered in my six years in mental health.

Mike

To find more benefits our nation receives from an open borders policy search:
    Human Trafficking in US;
    Slavery in US;
    Child Sex Industry in US.
    To catch up on MS-13 in DC see:
    http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/ms13-prostitution-rings-in-united-states
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/21/ms-13-gang-killings-linked-to-immigrant-surge/?page=all

Mike - WE3L
    73's

7. wedgar

Mike,

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder how many people on in prison for selling and/or using marijuana. In a number of states, the laws regarding the medical use of marijuana are being relaxed as we are finding beneficial use of the drug for pain relief, cancer fighting issues, glaucoma relief, etc, etc...

- Bill

8. Michael J Malone

Bill,

Legitimate medical, life saving and life improving benefits are known for many substances, even for rat poison. Rat poison/Warfarin has been used to improve, prolong and preserve life for many decades. But, it has also been used to commit murder.

The benefits of cannabis have been known and recognized for centuries. Here in the US, the full use of the beneficial drug(s) from cannabis have been denied us and these plants has been used as a means, too often in my opinion, to ensnare those engaged in broader criminality; so much so that their uses have taken on a very limited 'life of it own' feature which falls far short of the many potential beneficial uses.

An analogy is found in gun ownership. Guns can be used in beneficial and in non-beneficial ways. Gun possession is usually judged by the use the gun is put to. When a drug, any drug, is used to deliberately enslave, manipulate, harm or kill a person, it is the use that must be judged not just the possession. Very un-clever persons have been writing our drug laws for many years. Even less clever persons are trying to rewrite our gun laws, now.

Mike

9. wedgar

Yep, Warfarin is used to treat and/or prevent blood clots for medical use. Interestingly, women tend to use poison more often when trying to murder someone.

I suspect that the big pharma companies have been behind a majority of the drug war. This helps making sure they are they only sources of drugs. It keeps the demand high for their products. If everyone could grow marijuana in their own backyard for medicinal use, why would someone want to pay higher prices for big pharma's competing products?

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Active Member

The real issues facing the US will be relegated to the background. This election will be driven by fear-mongering about how the two major-party opposing candidate will usher in the end of the United States. The other 2 people running for president will be relegated to obscurity and shut out by the media because of the universal dogma that there can be only 2 parties. There will also be issues-de-jour to distract us, with them being revolved in the media as quickly as a scrolling billboard on the highway.

Gerrymandered districts, stilted election law, and lawsuits will ensure that once we hit the ballot box (or machine) we will have little, if any choice in the matters at hand; and frankly, unless you live in a few selected states, you vote for the electoral college will be next to meaningless.

The only good thing is that with the rise of Trump and Sanders, people are starting to understand how pre-chosen candidates have been offered up by the major parties. People are starting to wake up to the reality of our political situation.

wedgar likes this.
  11. David Kleber - KB3FXI

It's a big show at the federal level... nothing more, nothing less, which is why I will be writing in "No Confidence" for any and all federally elected offices. The federal level has been 100% hijacked and is 100% FUBAR.

We're 50 years out from the JFK assassination and we're still not allowed to see all the records. Really?

And now there's the Orlando/Pulse shooting where we only get to see a printed transcript of the radio traffic and cell phone calls. The Attorney General of the United States of America has to step in to tell us that all we get is printed letters on paper? Just who is in charge of transcribing the audio record of the calls and emergency services radio traffic?

By their own admission, the "big club", as George Carlin referred to them as... or the ruling elite, or any other label you'd like to use - by their own admission - state, "out of chaos comes order" ... and "never let a good crisis go to waste". I guess that means whether it's a naturally occurring crisis, or one that has been manufactured, as so many have been purposefully pulled off in the past, take advantage of the situation to psyop the populace.

Hold on to your seats and get ready for the next H U G E false flag event.

Both Eisenhower and JFK had made critical public broadcasts warning us of the situation we currently face. I lay the blame for our current situation on the vast majority of the fat and lazy generations in this country from the baby-boomers to the present who turned their heads and ignored the signs and let the rule of law fall by the wayside.

Maybe we really no longer deserve to be free since we don't seem to be collectively able to understand or be willing to defend liberty.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    wedgar likes this.
  12. wedgar

I hope that people will continue to be disgusted with the current methodology used by both political parties to nominate their candidates. It is amazing to see how much outside influence and money is being brought to bear on US elections.

I never thought I would see a candidate for US President still running while under FBI investigation for potential crminal actions.

13. wedgar

I hate to agree that we are in this mess because many people don't care to be truly informed about issues, much less actually voting in elections. If you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain.

14. Michael J Malone

I do not agree that this mess is because people don't care to be truly informed. I believe that most average Americans seek to be informed but that there is a huge lack of available data, information, facts, etc. that is combined with what is allowed to pass for 'being informed.' I do believe that most Americans are not trained in school and in life to be clear thinking, deliberately logical and judiciously critical of just about everything. As with most cultures in the world, far too many Americans stop, or are induced to stop, developing critical thought habits and merely maintain a high school aged view and perspective. I think that this is readily shown in the willingness to surrender to and accept name calling - your a racist or something else - as information that requires some action; I actually mean fear of the called name especially when it is not true.

I'll tack this on at the end just for thought. We all could use a little more Euclidian Geometry in our lives.

Enjoy.

Mike - WE3L
    73's

Jeremy likes this.
  15. wedgar

For some time our schools have been more about making the students feel good about themselves rather than holding them accountable for learning. There have been some videos made where people are questioned about historical or even current events and some of the people being questioned don't have the right answer...

A good friend of mine didn't vote for many years because he wanted to be independent. He was truly upset when he tried to register to vote and missed the deadline by one day. I told him I didn't want to hear him complain.

I see more people more into their sports, reality shows and serials on television rather than what is going on in the news (nationally, locally and internationally).

16. David Kleber - KB3FXI

The public education's purpose is to train our children to be "obedient citizens". There's no emphasis on individual thinking or critical thinking. It is by design.

wedgar likes this.
  17. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

We get the government we deserve.

wedgar likes this.
  18. wedgar

That is very scary. ..

19. wedgar

Is this why schools in some other countries have students that can out perform US students even though those foreign schools have less resources?

20. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

I think they have parents who give a damn, and people who respect teachers.

And discipline. And reading. And math. And discipline. Oh, I said that once already.

And testing on subject matter, not on tests themselves. And administration that stands behind teachers when appropriate rather than buckling to entitled parents.

W.T. Jones and wedgar like this.