13 Amendment

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Michael J Malone, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Michael J Malone

Michael J Malone Active Member

Hope all of you are well.

I listened to a Presidential speech today; it's was for anniversary of the 13th Amendment. An occasion I believe warrants as great a celebration as Independence Day.

In his speech, the President as always failed to close the circle or give a full measure of explanation. He said that one cannot assure one's own freedom unless one ensures the freedom of others. Sadly, he failed to note that one cannot assure other's freedom unless one has and continues to assure one's own freedom, first.

Also, I prefer the word Liberty which is specific to the history of this day. Liberty, the freedom from tyranny, and its doppel, the right to resist tyranny, is the specific freedom at the heart of the 13th Amendment.

In the view of many I have spoken to over the years, we still are not an actual land of liberty and not for the usual, headline making and muck raking tripe that is often in the news. But, because of the number of victims of human trafficking that are in the US. A situation that can first and best be addressed by a non-porous border. The open border, the unguarded border is the entryway for traffickers and their human slave victims upwards of two thousand of whom are adolescent and child sex-slaves. (That is per Border Patrol, Southern Poverty Law, and many other 'reputable' groups). It makes me wonder if a President, any President, that fails to attempt to protect the border should also be given the moniker of Pimp in Chief?

Take Care

Mike - WE3L

PS Had some fun with friends today with this question. In Brown v Board of Education - which Board of Education was part and parcel of the suit?

2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Topeka, Kansas?

3. Michael J Malone

Michael J Malone Active Member

Yes Sir; it was. All of my friends and acquaintances, today, answered Little Rock if they answered at all. There are three college kids living on my courtyard. I saw two of then this morning heading for classes and asked them. They had no idea what the question was. My political philosophy is being twinged towards Critical Theory, esp. Critical Law Studies, but I am finding my entry into the field to be too late; the kids are already warped informationally and far to many are taking nearly or completely useless classes, classes with no future value and I missed being the implement to guide them to nonsense; I am too late to be a Critical Theory success.

Gotta go now, I am having too much fun.

Mike - WE3L

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Got to say that I didn't know and looked it up to find the answer myself.

Gently guiding these students is important considering some of the trash they are teaching them in school... I see my grandkids being taught about feeling good about yourself in classes and not why the students need to learn.

5. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

I have to say that I like your last line in that statement.

wedgar likes this.