Terms of Service and Rules
In order to keep the Bradford Information Net forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
- You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the content.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising is not permitted unless the particular forum specifically permits advertising. Spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate Bradford Information Net community standards. The Bradford Information Net team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed.
- If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions are not allowed.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- All post must be made in English
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by Bradford Information Net.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Bradford Information Net community standards. The Bradford Information Net team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- All signatures must be made in English
- Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the Bradford Information Net logo in avatars is not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits
- You can't have both text and images in your signature
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- Animated images in a signature are not allowed
Although the administrators and moderators of Bradford Information Net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of Bradford Information Net Forums will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Bradford Information Net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the staff of the Bradford Information Net Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System. If you wish to escalate any issue with staff then please send a Private Message (conversation) to Admin.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.